Nothing beats cuddling up with soup on a chilly night during the winter months. Though soup is always a good idea, I especially prefer to warm up with a healthy hot bowl of soup when it’s cold outside. Last weekend I made healthy eggplant tomato soup – first time! – and it’s a winner already! Are you looking for winter comfort soup that’s easy to make, healthy and filling up? Check this recipe out!
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again haha: I absolutely LOVE how filling up on fiber-and water rich food can help me to prevent from over-eating. I’m a big eater and I never feeling full, so a huge bowl of soup (water!) avoids the chances to have a high-calorie intake later. If you’re always hungry too and this sounds recognizable to you, you should absolutely try this hunger killing meal.
It’s awesome how easy it is to make yourself a bowl of soup, and: fast! With just a couple of base ingredients you can always create a delicious soup recipe – so make sure you have them in your kitchen 😉 I tried it out with eggplant and tomatoes and guess what: that’s a pretty cool combination! Delicious and the perfect meal to beat the winter, warm up and consume your veggies. Personally I find it more challenging to eat healthy in the cooler months (because I can survive in oversize sweaters, no bikini needed Amsterdam) and this recipe makes the perfect healthy solution when you seek comfort food.
– 900 ml water
– 5 chopped tomatoes
– 100 gr. finely chopped onions
– 1 eggplant
– 1 veggie bouillon cube
– garlic powder
– olive oil
- Energy: 61,3 kcal
- Protein: 11,3 g
- Carbs: 61,8 g
- Fat: 16 g
- Fiber: 24,7 g
1. Put the olive oil in a saucepan and heat it. Add the finely chopped onions and cook it while you add some garlic powder to taste. Stir and cook for 4 minutes until aromatic.
2. Clean the tomatoes and eggplant and cut it all in small pieces.
3. Transfer the onion garlic mixture in a food processor and add the tomato and eggplant pieces, as well as the 900 ml water. Mix until smooth.
4. Place the soup mixture to the pan and add the bouillon cube.
5. Now put on the heat high in order to bring the soup to boil. Cook for +/- 15 min.
6. Add pepper to taste and stir the soup occasionally.
7. Ready! Serve the eggplant tomato soup and for the finishing touch you can add some cottage cheese and crumbled cashews!
Please tell me girls, which soup do you like the most? What’s your favorite soup flavor? I love to use your inspiration for another recipe on the blog 🙂 Thanks!
Have a healthy pizza party with zucchini pizza bites