Do you like to experience different styles of healthy dishes as much as me? Then I’m sure you will love this fast and very tasty recipe from the Mediterranean cuisine! I’m talking about healthy falafel: little burgers based on chickpeas. They are super easy to make, so don’t hesitate giving these goodies a try girlies!
Mediterranean food is overall very healthy. It consists of many veggies and fruit, is high in the good kind of fats, low in salt, and contains many herbs and spices. This makes it a diet with a lot of health benefits. Falafel is originally a Middle Eastern dish which can be seen as Mediterranean. Chickpeas are part of the legume family, just like soybeans and lentils. They are relatively high in protein, which makes it perfect to replace meat with every once in a while.
You can easily buy chickpeas in cans, which is the easiest way to go because they are already cooked. For this recipe you’d only have to drain them and then it’s ready for use. It’s also possible to buy dried chickpeas, but these have to be soaked in water first for a few hours and then cooked for about an hour. Choose which one you prefer for the recipe and enjoy your homemade healthy falafel in no-time!
– 260 g chickpeas (soaked, cooked and drained)
– 65 g almond flour (or other flour as desired)
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp. garlic powder
– 3 tsp. cumin
– 2 tsp. curcuma
– pinch of salt
– a handful of parsley
– the juice from ½ lemon
– olive oil (1 tsp. for the falafel mixture and some for baking the falafel)
- Energy: 98 kcal
- Protein: 4,6 g
- Carbs: 9,7 g
- Fat: 5,1 g
- Fiber: 3 g
1. Mix all the ingredients in a food processor for making the falafel dough.
2. Make little balls of falafel with your hands and flatten them into the shape as shown in the picture above. Do this until you have finished all the batter, and put a pan on the stove.
3. Add some olive oil to the pan and bake the falafel balls on both sides golden brown.
4. Serve the falafel with some hummus and a salad, in a whole wheat wrap, or just separately as a healthy crunchy snack.
P.S. I’ve made the hummus myself! Would you like it if I share this recipe with you also? 🙂
Get ready for healthy brownie madness
Bedankt voor dit heerlijke recept, ga het zeker deze week nog proberen! En ja ik zou heel graag ook je hummus recept dan willen! Jammie.
Je bent een enorme inspiratiebron voor mij, dank je!
Ziet er lekker uit! Deze ga ik zeker proberen. En jaa! ik zou heel graag je hummus recept ook willen hebben.
lijkt me super lekker! Ik begrijp alleen de macro samenstelling niet helemaal – 260 gram kikkererwten en dan maar 98 kcal? De verpakking zegt per 100 gr kikkererwten al 130 kcal.