Whether you’re trying to lose weight, get in shape or just want to eat healthy, soup is always a good idea! This recipe for low-calorie broccoli soup with salmon will have your tummy rumbling girls. Personally, the combination of broccoli with salmon makes me very happy. I love how filling up on fiber-and water rich foods can help you to prevent from overdoing a high-calorie intake later. So I call this one: a delicious hunger killing meal!
I managed to create a recipe that gives your soup both a smooth and creamy texture with a mild flavor. The recipe is packed with fiber, protein and good fat which will help to keep your belly full. As always, my recipes contain clean foods only and are easy and fast to make. When I’m hungry, I just want to eat and don’t wait too long:p A thick and satisfying low-calorie broccoli soup makes the perfect lunch, meal or cold-weather-snack. Especially on these rainy autumn-like days you can wake me up for this type of food. Eat your soup with some salad, a sandwich, or crackers on the side and you’re ready to go!
The following recipe makes 2 servings, however you can always make more and keep it in the fridge.
-500 gr broccoli
-100 gr. finely chopped onions
-2 tbspn olive oil
-900 ml water
-1 veggie bouillon cube
-Cottage cheese topping
- Energy: 452,1 kcal
- Protein: 31,9 g
- Carbs: 47,9 g
- Fat: 19,2 g
- Fiber: 14,5 g
1. Put the olive oil in a saucepan and heat it. Add the finely chopped onions and cook it while you add some garlic powder to taste. Stir and cook for 4 minutes until aromatic.
2. Clean the broccoli and cut it in small pieces.
3. Transfer the onion garlic mixture in a food processor and add the broccoli pieces, as well as the 900 ml water. Mix until smooth.
4. Place the soup mixture to the pan and add the bouillon cube.
5. Now put on the heat high in order to bring the soup to boil. Cook for +/- 15 min.
6. Add pepper to taste and stir the soup occasionally.
7. Ready! Serve the soup and for the finishing touch you can add the smoked salmon and some cottage cheese!
Have a healthy pizza party with zucchini pizza bites
How I stay healthy over Christmas holidays: 7 tips