Personally, I’m a big fan of healthy breakfast ideas whom are perfect for packing as snacks too! In the morning you want to aim for a breakfast meal that combines good carbs, fiber and some protein. Enjoy this nutritious bowl of healthy rice pudding at home, or as you’re sprinting out the door to work!
Rice pudding probably doesn’t sound that appealing to you. And I agree, on its own it’s not that tempting. But have you ever thought about pimping this pudding so that it can actually become a party? I have a sweet tooth and if I don’t satisfy it with healthy solutions, I’ll go crazy on junkfood. And, we don’t want that :p
So! Yesterday I have made too much rice in the evening and saved it for the morning after, to rock a rice pudding. Healthy rice pudding for breakfast is a great way to start the day and it gives your body the nutrients it needs to get your metabolism working for the day.
-70 gr. brown rice
-200 ml almond milk
- Energy: 286,9 kcal
- Protein: 6,5 g
- Carbs: 54,5 g
- Fat: 4,4 g
- Fiber: 2,5 g
- Cook the brown rice as indicated on the packaging and as you would do normally.
- Grab a pan and add the cooked rice + almond milk. Cook the brown rice again with the almond milk until it boils.
- When it boils, turn the heat low and leave the mixture simmering for about 10-15 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
Note: stir regularly!
- Pour the rice pudding and serve in a bowl.
- Choose a topping of your choice! I have chosen banana with chia seeds, shredded coconut and agave syrup. Yum-yum! Enjoy!
P.S. This recipe for sweet healthy rice pudding works great as your pre-workout meal too!
Carolina’s Classic healthy Caesar salad chicken wrap