Are you into a quick meal for either lunch, post-workout or maybe a light dinner? Then wraps are your way to go! This is such an easy way to add up to your daily dose of vegetables and keeps you satisfied for a couple of hours. Rather than grabbing one from your local fast food place, it’s just as fast to make yourself. They are also great to bring with you on the go. Prepare them before you leave and cover with some silver foil to keep fresh. Easy does it, foodies!
This recipe for a healthy grilled chicken wrap was already in my free 7-day e-book “Seven Smiling Days” (click here to download), but absolutely deserves to be in the spotlight on Foodie-ness too. I’m crazy about wraps and this whole wheat variant with chicken, veggies and homemade garlic sauce is definitely one of my favorites! Garlic sauce is my addiction – I can put it on almost every meal haha. But not the one bottles from the store, because homemade is the ab-so-lute best! By using low fat quark you’re keeping the calories low and your bikini body intact. Wraps can be a bit dry, but with some garlic sauce you make it mellow and spice it up, making your meal even better.
– Whole wheat smart wrap
(You can buy these anywhere, but I prefer the wraps from Body & Fit).
– Grilled chicken
– Veggies by choice
– Homemade garlic sauce: mix 100 gr. low fat quark, 1 tsp olive oil, garlic powder and pepper- done!
- Energy: 238,6 kcal
- Protein: 60,8 g
- Carbs: 48,3 g
- Fat: 23,7 g
- Fiber: 10,5 g
- Take a wrap (or 2 or 3..) and warm it up in the oven, microwave, or pan for a few seconds.
- Spread the grilled chicken and veggies (use raw or cook briefly) over the middle.
- Drizzle with some of the tasty garlic sauce, as much as you prefer.
- Roll it up, cut in half and you’re ready to enjoy this delish meal!
Are you just as much into wraps as I am? Show me pictures from your wrap creations using @foodie_ness and #foodie_ness on FB or Insta!
4 tips to keep that post-vacation glow after summer