A banana cake is amazing enough. However, when you add the flavour of peanut butter to a healthy banana cake recipe it becomes the sweetest thing! Are you – just like me – addicted to peanut butter and always craving for a sweet treat? Then this diet-friendly almond-peanut-butter-banana cake will make you a happy girl!
Oh YES! This peanut butter banana cake with almonds has my tummy rumbling girls! In case of (over)ripe bananas I always put them to good with a left-over banana cake recipe. This time I wanted to spice up my classic banana cake recipe with some peanut butter and more delicious healthy nutrients. Et voila! Here we are with a recipe for some peanut butter meets banana goodness that doesn’t contain any nasties, is low in calories, carbs and sugar. As always my recipes are very easy to make, clean and fast.
Are you a busy bee? Try to bake this peanut butter banana cake on a Sunday and keep it in the fridge so you can treat yourself on a loaf during the week. As breakfast, lunch or a nutrition rich snack?
– 3 ripe bananas
– 3 eggs
– 100 gr. almond flour
– 50 gr. oats
– 2 tspn baking powder
– Crumbled almonds
– Peanut butter
– Shredded almonds
– Optional: honey
- Energy: 263,8 kcal
- Protein: 10,1 g
- Carbs: 24,7 g
- Fat: 15,6 g
- Fiber: 5 g
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Lightly grease a cake tin with coconut oil.
2. Place the bananas and eggs in a blender and mix until fully mashed and combined. Next add the almond flour, oats, peanut butter, salt and baking powder and mix again until smooth. If you prefer a sweet taste, you can add some honey and mix again.
3. Now crumble the almonds and add it to the mixture and stir (don’t mix it with the blender!).
4. Take the cake tin and put the banana cake batter in it.
5. Bake the peanut butter banana cake in the oven for approx. 45-50 minutes.
6. Ready! Let the banana cake cool down for 5 minutes in the cake tin before placing it on wire rack to cool down completely.
7. Finish with a topping of peanut butter and shredded almonds and you’re ready to go!
What is your favourite topping girls? Please share it with me in the comment section below, because I need some inspiration too :-p
Share a picture of your @foodie_ness homemade healthy peanut butter banana cake and tag me on Instagram or Facebook with hashtag #foodie_ness, I love to see it and feature it on the next Foodie-ness newsletter issue!
My daily routines to enlarge my health and happiness