Baking a banana cake is always a good idea! Do you like the sweet taste of banana? Then this healthy banana cake recipe will make you a happy girl! It doesn’t contain any nasties, is low in calories, carbs and sugar AND is very easy to make. YES! It’s time to share one of my all-time favorite recipes on the blog.
Every time I have some (over)ripe bananas I put them to good with a left-over banana cake recipe. The sweet taste of ripe bananas makes it unnecessary to add sugar to your cake and keep it clean. As always I like to keep my recipes simple and use raw, organic and clean ingredients only. I prefer to bake the healthy banana cake on a Sunday and keep it in the fridge so I can treat myself on a loaf of cake during the week. Eat some banana cake for breakfast, lunch or as a clean snack!
– 3 ripe bananas
– 3 eggs
– 100 gr. almond flour
– 50 gr. oats
– 2 tspn baking powder
– Walnuts: it will give your cake a delicious crunchy bite! 😉
– Optional: honey
- Energy: 125,9 kcal
- Protein: 4,6 g
- Carbs: 11,9 g
- Fat: 7,5 g
- Fiber: 2,6 g
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Lightly grease a cake tin with coconut oil.
2. Place the bananas and eggs in a blender and mix until fully mashed and combined. Next add the almond flour, oats, salt and baking powder and mix again until smooth. If you prefer a sweet taste, you can add some honey and mix again.
3. Now crumble the walnuts and add it to the mixture and stir (don’t mix it with the blender!).
4. Take the cake tin and put the banana cake batter in it.
5. Bake the banana cake in the oven for approx. 45-50 minutes.
6. Ready! Let the healthy banana cake cool down for 5 minutes in the cake tin before placing it on wire rack to cool down completely.
Enjoy a loaf of cake with yogurt, honey, peanut butter or another topping to taste! Nom, nom, nom..
Carolina’s Classic healthy Caesar salad chicken wrap