It’s time for a vegetarian recipe that is actually suited for all seasons, (because you can easily get all the products in it year round) has a great flavor and is full of ingredients that boost your body and health. Sweet potato is one of my personal favorites to have for dinner. You can prepare it in many different ways, of which one is making a sweet potato puree out of it.
This sweet potato puree can be combined with a wide variety of ingredients. This combination of mashed potatoes with other food through it is a typical Dutch thing, which we call “stamppot” and I’m not sure there is a good English word for it that describes it just as well..? However, there is so much possible with this dish that you can always make it to your own taste – and I love to vary!
Potatoes are the main ingredient for a “stamppot” and are packed with vitamins and minerals. Mostly it is made with regular potatoes, which aren’t that bad, but I personally prefer to have the sweet ones. I like the taste of them better, because they really are sweet even though it’s a vegetable. The other plus they have on regular ones, is that it has a lower glycemic value, meaning the body needs to take more time to process it and doesn’t raise your blood sugar level as quick. If you haven’t tried them before, you really should! Prepared like this I’m sure you are going to want more 😉
This recipe is for 2 large portions (or 3 smaller ones) and within just a few minutes you’ve got a healthy and filling meal on your plate!
– ½ kg sweet potatoes
– 1 bag of rocket salad (75 g)
– 1 large onion
– garlic powder to taste
– 1 jar sundried tomatoes
– 50 g feta cheese
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 2 small hands pure walnuts
– 1 tbsp. soy milk
– salt and pepper
- Energy: 1383,7 kcal
- Protein: 33,7 g
- Carbs: 225,5 g
- Fat: 40 g
- Fiber: 36,6 g
1. Cut the potatoes into pieces (you don’t have to peel them, but make sure to wash them), put in a pan and add water so they are just covered with it. Boil for about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile you can prepare the other ingredients! Start with finely chopping the onion and fry the pieces shortly in a pan with some garlic powder.
3. Roughly chop the rocket salad and the sundried tomatoes and set aside.
4. Cut the feta cheese into cubes.
5. Roast the cashews in a pan for a short moment. Pay attention, because they can burn easily!
6. Drain the potatoes if necessary, add the onion-garlic mixture and mash into a smooth puree. Add the milk to make it more smooth if you like (you may also leave this out).
7. Gently stir in the rocket salad and sundried tomatoes.
8. Garnish with the feta cheese and walnuts.
Please share your healthy sweet potato puree with me girls, by using @foodie_ness!
My daily routines to enlarge my health and happiness