It’s time to wrap it up and get ready for another healthy wrap creation by Carolina! I like wraps a lot, because it’s a great way to make a fast but wholesome meal to enjoy for lunch, dinner, post-workout and on the go. For today’s recipe I decided to combine my love for wraps with the nice things that a classic Caesar salad has to offer. Let me introduce you to Carolina’s classic healthy Caesar salad chicken wrap!
A Caesar salad can be made in several variations. The salad is often made with chicken (which is my personal favorite :-p), cheese, bacon and a high-calorie dressing. I totally love that, but during the weekdays I rather choose something healthier. That’s why I came up with this recipe! It’s stuffed with lots of healthy ingredients and by leaving out the cheese and bacon, it’s totally diet-friendly and lower in calories. And no worries, I found a healthy alternative for bacon (you can easily make this from slices of smoked beef) and a tasty dressing. It’s not as salty and fat as regular and yes – the taste is very much alike!
“Grab those Caesar salad ingredients and wrap it up for a filling meal with irresistible flavors!”
– 1 whole wheat wrap
– 100 g chicken breast
– 50 g iceberg lettuce
– 1 tomato
– 1 boiled egg
– 2 slices of smoked beef
– 1/2 red onion
– 1/3 avocado
– coconut oil
– 2 tbsp. low-fat quark
– 1 tsp. water
– lemon juice
– garlic powder
- Energy: 375,6 kcal
- Protein: 54,8 g
- Carbs: 46,4 g
- Fat: 28,8 g
- Fiber: 8,3 g
- Bring a pan with some water to the boil and hard boil the egg in 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile we’ll be working on the other ingredients! Bake the whole wheat wrap very shortly on both sides in a pan and put on a plate.
- Cut the chicken into small strips and grill for about 8 minutes until they’re done.
- Divide the lettuce over the wrap and lay the chicken strips on top.
- We use the pan one more time to make the “bacon” from the smoked beef slices. Warm some coconut oil in the pan and add the beef. The slices will shrink immediately and bake both sides within 2 minutes, making it look like real bacon!
- Lay the bacon on the wrap with the chicken and lettuce. Next cut the tomato, red onion, avocado, the hardboiled egg and some chives and also divide over the wrap.
- Last but not least: the dressing! Grab a bowl and add the low-fat quark, water and some lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper to taste, and blend with a spoon into a smooth mixture.
- Pour the dressing over the Caesar salad wrap, roll it up and get ready to eat your Caesar salad chicken wrap!