A curry is always a good idea for me. It’s on the table in a nutshell and it’s always an easy way to eat easy and healthy. The sweet potatoes in this vegan sweet potato curry contains a lot of fiber. This fibers keep your blood sugar level and weight up and they are also super beneficial for your intestines.
Sweet potatoes also contain a lot of vitamins A, C and E, which is very beneficial for your immune system. Perfect for the winter months when we need this vitamin boost all too bad.
You can add all kinds of vegetables in a curry, so you can prepare something tasty for every season. For example, I like to eat a red or yellow curry in the winter, but I like to eat a green curry in the summer. Whenever I feel more like a more full-bodied meal, I always add some naan bread, rice or quinoa to this vegan sweet potato curry.
Tip: make the vegan sweet potato curry the day before. A curry that has been standing for a day is often the best 😉
- 250 g sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ chili pepper
- small piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 250 g chickpeas
- handful of coriander
- ¼ lime
MACRONUTRIENTS (per serving)
- Energy: 499 kcal
- Carbs: 42,3 g
- Protein: 14,3 g
- Fat: 27,4 g
- Fiber: 13,7 g
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small cubes.
- Heat a large pan with oil (I chose coconut oil). Cut the onion into small pieces and squeeze the garlic. Then cut the ginger and chili pepper into small pieces.
- When the oil is warm, add and fry the ginger, garlic and onion.
- Add the red curry paste and simer for a minute. Stir frequently. Cut the tomatoes on the vine and add the curry paste together with the sweet potato. Stir frequently.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add the chickpeas, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve in a deep plate and garnish with coriander and a wedge of lime.
My daily routines to enlarge my health and happiness