Mmm… This delicious orange cake is super easy to make and has a wonderfully fresh taste. You know that feeling when you want something fresh after dinner, but not just a piece of fruit? Then this orange cake is your best friend. Besides being super refreshing and tasty, oranges are also good for your health. Citrus fruits, including oranges, are:
- rich in vitamins and minerals that have a variety of health benefits, including anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- a good source of fiber that helps improve digestion. Oranges contain a lot of soluble fiber.
- fruits that are low in calories. They are therefore a sweet but certainly a healthy snack.
- fruits that can improve heart health by improving cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure.
And oh yes; the cake itself is completely vegan. For the topping, replace the cream cheese in a vegetable cream cheese (e.g. Soyananda or Violife) and your whole cake is vegan. Great, right?
- 300 g oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 185 g coconut blossom sugar
- 125 ml coconut oil
- 200 ml almond milk
- 130 ml orange juice
- zest of 2 oranges
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ice cream:
- 1-2 tsp agave syrup
- 100 g light cream cheese
MACRONUTRIENTS PER PIECE
- Energy: 260 kcal
- Carbs: 30 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fat: 12,9 g
- Fiber: 2,9 g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the oat flour with the baking powder and coconut sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, almond milk, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour into the cake tin and place in the oven for about 50 minutes.
- Prick with a skewer to see if the cake is done, if it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by mixing the agave syrup with the cream cheese.
- Spread this over the cake and sprinkle with a topping of your choice.