Although Summer will always be my most favourite season, I can enjoy the good things other seasons offer as well. It’s October now and that means: Halloween time! And there’s no better way to celebrate it than with a homemade (and healthy, yes!) pumpkin bread.
Here in Europe we are taking over the Halloween trend from the US more and more. Think decorations, costumes and parties! There are certain pumpkins that you can use to make lanterns with. It takes some effort though to carve a scary looking pumpkin, but it’s really fun to try it out. But besides using them to decorate your home with, you should definitely have a baking session with this veggie. For example with this homemade pumpkin bread of course!
“Pumpkin is a real versatile vegetable and that makes it great for cooking, roasting or baking”
Pumpkin has a sweet taste to it and with baking it combines the absolute best with cinnamon. Pumpkin comes in many different varieties and each has its own lovely taste and texture. Although pumpkin is available almost all year round nowadays, its peak moment is still in fall. Now you can buy all kind of different ones and they are most tasteful. For this homemade pumpkin bread you can best use a regular pumpkin or butternut squash. This recipe is super healthy so you can enjoy a slice or two guilt free 😉 Start baking now and let your home be filled with the smell of fall!
– 500 gram pumpkin
– 200 gram oatmeal
– 4 eggs
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
-1 tbsp. maple syrup (or agave/honey)
– 75 gram raisins
– 40 gram pumpkin seeds
– pinch of salt
MACRONUTRIENTS PER SLICE
Protein: 4,2 g
Fat: 3,5 g
Fiber: 2,1 g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and cover an oven plate with baking paper.
- Cut the pumpkin into little cubes and boil them in a little layer of water for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Let the pumpkin cool down and mash it with a hand blender or a regular blender to a smooth mass.
- Then add the oatmeal, baking powder/soda, cinnamon and salt and mix through the mashed pumpkin.
- Next you can add the eggs and maple syrup and stir to a whole. Lastly stir in the raisins and almost all pumpkin seeds and pour the mixture in a cake mold.
- Cover the pumpkin bread with some leftover pumpkin seeds and bake the pumpkin bread in 45-50 minutes in the oven.
Your body type and the perfect way to eat and train