One calls it halloumi fries, the other calls it cheese sticks but I think we at least agree that French fries + cheese is the best combo ever. The best of the best.
My homemade fries addiction all started with sweet potato fries,
soon after I found out that I could also make delicious fries with avocado and now I thought; what can be done with avocado, can also be done with halloumi.
In addition to being very tasty, halloumi is one of the most protein-rich cheeses. It contains almost no carbohydrates and no saturated fats. Parmesan makes these fries deliciously cheesy on the outside and soft but creamy on the inside. Do we need to say more?
Are you also #teamcheesesticks and #teamfries? Then this recipe is perfect for you. Enjoy!
- 1 piece halloumi
- 40 g flour (I used oat flour)
- 1 egg
- 100 gr parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- sweet chili sauce
MACRONUTRIENTS PER PORTION
- Energy: 463 kcal
- Carbs: 12 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Fat: 30,5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Cut the halloumi into strips.
- Mix the flour in a shallow bowl with the egg and parmesan and herbs.
- Bread the halloumi in this.
- Heat a layer of oil in the pan and fry the halloumi until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with some sweet chili sauce and coriander.