Do you know that feeling of Sunday mornings with a big breakfast with your family or lover while staying in your PJ’s for as long as possible? I do and I appreciate those moments to heart, especially now winter is here! Taking your time to relax and enjoy some carefree moments is really important, and eating is often a significant part of this. When you’re pursuing a fit life, I know it can be difficult sometimes to do these things without feeling guilty of eating the “bad” things. So let me introduce you to my healthy scones… 😉
These mornings usually involve all kinds of not so healthy food, like different buns and croissants, covered with lots of cheese, jelly or chocolate sprinkles. This isn’t the best idea when it comes to being fit and healthy. Therefore I’ve got the perfect substitute!! Bake your own yummy healthy scones with homemade raspberry jam – the healthy way of enjoying a Sunday breakfast. But of course this is great for any other day or time too 😉 Or for example as part of a high tea with your friends. Either way, healthy scones is totally worth replacing croissants or other unhealthy snacks for. By also making the jelly yourself, you can’t go wrong!
– 250 gr. spelt flour
– 50 gr. coconut oil
– 1 egg
– 75 ml. soy milk
– 2 tsp. baking soda
– 1 pinch of salt
– 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tbsp. coconut blossom sugar / agave syrup
– 200 gr. raspberries
– 4 tbsp. water
– 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Energy: 164,6 kcal
- Protein: 4,9 g
- Carbs: 23 g
- Fat: 6,7 g
- Fiber: 4,4 g
1. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
2. Grab a bowl and add the spelt flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and coconut sugar and mix it all together.
3. Take a second bowl and add the egg. Whisk well with a fork. Then add the milk and melted coconut oil, and mix well with your fork to a whole.
4. Save 1 tablespoon of the egg mixture for later, and add the rest to the bowl with the spelt mixture. Mix to a whole to create a doughy substance. You can use a fork for this too.
5. Divide the dough evenly into little balls with your hands. Create a scone shape from it of about 1,5 centimeter thick.
6. Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Place the dough balls on it and cover with the left over egg mixture.
7. Place the scones in the oven for 12 minutes.
8. Meanwhile you can make the raspberry jam! Put the raspberries, water and chia seeds in a pan.
9. Put this on the stove on a low fire and gently crush the raspberries with a fork. It takes about 2 minutes until the jelly is done, then you can remove it from the heat.
10. Take your scones from the oven when they’re done and let them cool down just a little. Cut the scones in half and spread some of the yummy raspberry jam on it. Are you into making it a little extra special? Then add a big blob of ricotta too and I’m sure you’ll love this homemade feast even more!
Fav combo: sweet potato toast with avocado and egg