During the winter, I am always looking for a warm and nutritious breakfast. Warm to keep me warm during cold days, and nutritious to make sure to keep you from getting sick. That’s also why I always try to eat 2 pieces a day and at least 200 grams of vegetables a day. Do you have trouble getting to those 200 grams every now and then?
No stress, I have something for you! I am a big fan of Carrot Cake. If that’s on the menu, I’ll be there anyway. That’s why I thought: you can easily make this with oats, as a Carrot Cake Oats breakfast!
Because, I think we all would like a lovely, tasty, healthy, warm and nutritious breakfast, right?
Carrots are naturally high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Potassium. Perfect for easy access to your portion and vegetables and to get those vitamins. Because of the delicious gingerbread spices and raisins, you don’t even realize you’re eating vegetables. Perfect, if you ask me ;-).
Try this carrot cake oats thing for breakfast girls!
- 1 big carrot
- small piece of ginger
- 40 gr oats
- 200 ml almond milk (or other vegetable milk)
- handful of raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp gingerbread spices
- handful of walnuts
- pinch of salt
- optional: honey
- Energy: 457 kcal
- Carbs: 36,5 g
- Protein: 11,7 g
- Fat: 22,9 g
- Fiber: 8,2 g
- Grate the carrot and ginger.
- Put the oats together with the almond milk in a pan and heat it up.
- Then add the carrot, ginger, raisins, herbs and salt. Keep a little carrot and raisins aside for garnish.
- Slowly bring the oatmeal porridge to the boil and cook for 5-10 minuts until done.
- Pour the oatmeal porridge into a bowl and garnish with walnuts and raisins.
- Optionally, add some honey over the oatmeal. Enjoy!
Pharma Franchise Company in Chandigarh Reply