I have to say that breakfast is my most favorite meal in a day. I’ve got a real big sweet tooth and breakfast is perfect to fulfill this with! By adding all sorts of fruits you can create the best healthy sweet meals. This peanut butter smoothie bowl with rawnola will definitely fulfill your cravings and giving you the best start of the day! Are you getting as excited as me already?
I’m a big experimenter when it comes to making meals, especially when it involves my blender 🙂 I like to throw all kind of foods in there and figure out what flavors work well together. Smoothies can be super healthy when you put in the right ingredients. But did you know that smoothie bowls are even better for your health? Eating a smoothie rather than drinking is better for the digestion.
“Peanut butter… need I say more?!”
The recipe for this smoothie bowl is super easy with only 4 ingredients. I added maca powder because of the many health benefits, like higher energy! Together with your own homemade rawnola you’ve got a real tasty AND filling meal. The rawnola is made with just a few ingredients as well. As it says, it is raw instead of the usual baked granola. This way the nutritional value is even higher! For the recipe of this rawnola I didn’t add any amounts, so you can choose how much you like to make. I advise to make a larger portion of the rawnola and store in a glass jar for another fast and easy breakfast party!
INGREDIENTS SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 2 frozen bananas
- 75 ml almond milk
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. maca powder (optional)
- Cacao powder
- Cacao nibs
- Grated coconut
MACRONUTRIENTS PER BOWL
Energy: 723 kcal
Carbs: 118,3 g
Protein: 20 g
Fat: 28,3 g
Fiber: 19,7 g
- Start with the rawnola by soaking the dates in warm water for a few minutes.
- Next add the soaked dates, oats, cacao and coconut in a kitchen machine or blender and blend to a whole. Set the rawnola aside.
- Get the bananas from the freezer and take the peel off.
- Add together with the almond milk, 2 tablespoons peanut butter and maca powder in the kitchen machine or blender and mix to a smooth whole.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and add some of the rawnola.
- Finish with the leftover tablespoon of peanut butter. Delicious!