Oh-em-gee girlies I’ve got something for you that is so super yummy! If you crave for something sweet then this chocolate fudge cake goodness is your next stop. I absolutely LOVE healthy cakes, it’s my all-time favorite snack. You can make lots of variations, but we’ve got a totally winning cake here!
I’ve noticed that you girls can appreciate some healthy cakes as well, because the one from my book is made A LOT 😉 I make healthy cakes and breads pretty often and always make sure to have a little stock in my freezer. If you cut the cake, then pack the slices separately and store in the freezer. This way you can easily grab a slice for on the go. It stays good up to 3 months, but they NEVER last as long with me haha! Take it out the freezer in the morning to enjoy in the afternoon.
“The secret ingredient is always chocolate!”
This chocolate fudge cake (only 98 kcal per slice!) is extra special because it has a topping! So double the chocolate fun – can it get any better? Enough said right, so wait no longer and start baking baby!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 200 g spelt flour
- 100 ml plant based milk (I used almond)
- 2 eggs
- 50 g raw cacao
- 5 medjool dates
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
MACRONUTRIENTS PER SLICE
Energy: 98 kcal
Carbs: 19 g
Protein: 2,9 g
Fat: 1,2 g
Fiber: 2,9 g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the dates in a bowl and let soak in some warm water for about 10 minutes.
- Mash the bananas in a kitchen machine or blender.
- Next add the soaked dates, eggs and almond milk, and mix to a whole.
- Grab a bowl and add the dry ingredients: spelt flour, raw cacao, baking powder and vanilla.
- Add the ingredients from the blender and stir it into a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a cake mold and put in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the topping. Start by warming up the maple syrup in a pan. Note: don’t let it boil! Then add the cacao and salt, and stir together.
- When baking time is up, check with a skewer if your choco banana bread is ready. Let it cool down for a moment and finish with the topping.