Have you tried out this tasty trend yet? I’m sure you have seen lots of colorful pics passing by lately and it’s an absolute summer favorite in healthy world: the poke bowl! This dish doesn’t only look super yummy, it is also very healthy and quite easy to make. Originally this dish comes from Hawaii and is made with fresh fish, but you can actually vary a lot with it to suit to your own preference! The idea is that you use several types of vegetables and you top this with your personal nutritious favorites.
For this Foodie-ness recipe I decided to make a vegan version (another trend in healthy world ;-)) which you can use as a base recipe to try out. Mostly you’ll see the poke bowls with salmon or tuna, but I wanted to give you something all my Foodie-babes can try, including the vegans! Making it a vegan poke bowl doesn’t mean it can’t be one with good macronutrients. I used tofu as a good protein source, but did you know veggies contain some protein as well? Don’t forget the healthy fats either though: adding some in form of an avocado for example (yep, I’m an absolute avocado lover!!) will keep you feel full for a longer time.
Now go take your poke bowl and start filling it up!
– leafy spinach
– grated carrot
– cherry tomatoes
– soy beans
– vegetable sprouts
– sesame seeds
– coconut oil
– optional: olive oil
* I didnt add any amounts on purpose, because then you can decide for yourself what you’re feeling like. Feel free to add as much of the veggies as you want, because you can’t have too much of that!
- Energy: 456,9 kcal
- Protein: 23,1 g
- Carbs: 34,2 g
- Fat: 29,3 g
- Fiber: 15,7 g
- Grab a nice bowl and cover the bottom with a bed of spinach leafs. The spinach is the base layer on which we’ll be laying all the other ingredients from the poke bowl on top.
- Now take a cutting board and start cleaning and cutting the other veggies.
- Next you lay everything clockwise on the spinach layer and add a blob of hummus in the middle. For the best Instagram shot it’s nice to put the veggies next to each other instead of mixing it up. Don’t forget to leave some space for the tofu!
- Shortly bake the pieces of tofu with some coconut oil in a pan and then roll it through a bowl of sesame seeds.
- Lastly flavor your poke with pepper and vegetable sprouts, and if you like drizzle some olive oil over it.
- Almost finished to enjoy! Before you dig in, make sure to take a picture of your vegan poke bowl because this beauty is definitely Instagram-worthy 🙂
TIP: Vary in veggies, toppings, meat/fish/vegetarian, etc. anything to create your poke favorite!
Top 3 dieting excuses and how to overcome right now