Are you always distracted by all the delicious pastry at your favourite coffee shops? You can smell all the delicious cakes and cookies from outside and inside you no longer know what to choose. From brownies to cookies, from carrot cake to lemon poppy seed cakes. They often have everything! That’s why I’d like to come up with an healthy alternative.
Since there are a lot of healthy brownies, cookies, and carrot cakes on the Foodie-ness blog, I thought it was time for the popular lemon poppy seed cake. Of course, I always want to be aware that I use healthy and natural products so that you cen enjoy this lemon poppy seed cake at any time of the day, without feeling guilty. Cozy with coffee or tea, easy for on the go and a lovely moment for yourself in between work ;-).
This lemon poppy seed cake contains enough protein for good recovery of your muscles. Perfect as a post-workout snack. Bake it with love!
- zest of 2 lemons
- 200 g spelt flour
- 250 g low fat quark
- 3 eggs
- 50 g honey or agave syrup
- 25 g poppy seeds
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100 g cream cheese light
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- Energy: 157 kcal
- Carbs: 18,3 g
- Protein: 8,5 g
- Fat: 4,9 g
- Fibers: 2,6 g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grate the 2 lemons and add 2/3 of the grated lemon together with the spelt flour, low-fat quark, eggs, honey, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Stir the poppy seeds. Cover a cake tin with baking paper and pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Put in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the topping. Mix the ceam cheese with the remaining lemon zest and the juice of half a lemon. Set aside.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down. Spread the topping. Enjoy!
My daily routines to enlarge my health and happiness