Cardamom may not be something you will often need when making delicious baked goods. However, cardamom will immediately creates a delicious taste explosion in your mouth. In this recipe for cardamom pear cupcakes, we used a combination of cardamom and pear. Pear does not have a pronounced taste, so these flavors match very well.
Be especially suprised by this delicious autumn/winter snack to spice up your taste palette!
In addition, the cinnamon frosting is a perfect complement to bring out the cardamom flavors. If you also want to eat these cardamom pear cupcakes in the summer, you could use lemon instead of cinnamon for a delicious fresh frosting.
- 2 pears
- 200 g oatmeal
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 200 g quark
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 100 g cream cheese light
- 1 tsp cinnamon
MACRONUTRIENTS PER CUP CAKE (12 CUP CAKES)
- Energy: 133,3 kcal
- Carbs: 19,4 g
- Protein: 5,4 g
- Fat: 3,3 g
- Fiber: 2,1 g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and put the muffin cups in the baking tin.
- Cut the pears into small pieces.
- Mix the oatmeal together with the baking powder, eggs, quark and honey to a smooth batter.
- Add the cardamom, cinnamon and salt and gently stir in the pear.
- Devide the batter over the muffin cups and place in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the topping. Mix the cream cheese with the cinnamon.
- Let the muffins cool and cover with the cream cheese topping. Enjoy!
P.S. Please let me know what you think about cardamom in your baked goods ;-).