Cauliflower isn’t the most popular vegetable at all, but after this recipe I’m sure you’ll start loving it! It’s all about how you prepare this healthy food and roasting it brings it to a whole new level. This tasty roasted cauliflower recipe is an easy to make side dish or even just to enjoy for snacking.
My relationship with cauliflower has known its ups and downs
As a kid I used to love cauliflower, then growing up I started hating it, and now I’m loving it again! Plain cooked cauliflower would give me the creeps and I stayed as far away from that as possible! But then I found that with a little creativity it can be such a tasty veggie and now I’m using it in all sorts of recipes. For this roasted cauliflower dish there are only 4 ingredients needed and it’s really easy and fast to make. It’s actually 4+ because I use different kind of spices, but I think it still counts for 1 😉
I like it as much because it’s so easy to make and with only a few actions and a short baking time. Especially if you’re having people over for dinner this is a real winner, because it saves you lots of time! So don’t hesitate to create this yummy and very healthy roasted cauliflower slices in no time!
– 1 cauliflower
– 1 garlic clove
– 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
– Herbs and spices to taste (for this recipe I used black pepper, smoked paprika powder, chili flakes and thyme)
MACRONUTRIENTS PER SERVING
Energy: 150,3 kcal
Carbs: 14,2 g
Protein: 5,3 g
Fat: 9,8 g
Fiber: 5,4 g
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and rinse the cauliflower off with water.
- Cut the cauliflower into slices of about 2 cm thick. TIP: use a large knife for this!
- Lay the slices cauliflower in an oven dish and start making a mixture from the garlic, olive oil and herbs and spices. Cover both sides of the cauliflower slices with this mixture.
- Roast the cauliflower for 15-20 minutes in the oven. Flip the slices to the other side after about half the baking time.
- Take it out the oven and serve warm with a homemade yoghurt sauce or hummus!
Healthy comfort food: a vegan Mexican burrito bowl