Are you in the need of a special (but still healthy) treat for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day? Show your love with a batch of soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies! This Valentine’s Day recipe is my absolute nr. 1 cookie crush and I’m sure your lover will be yours forever when you give him or her this romantic treat!
Dump the sugary candy, cupcakes and cookies and show your love on Valentine’s day with a healthy treat! Whether you want to surprise your baby with breakfast in bed, a romantic dinner, or cozy lunch.. this recipe is a Valentine’s Day WINNER! When you choose to make a healthy V-Day alternative treat, it brings the benefit that you can eat it too. And let’s be honest, I think it’s even more romantic when you make a treat to share! My hubby and me always have the biggest fun when we’re enjoying good food :p
So how to make this extra-special chocolate treat? It’s a simple, no-fuss and quick recipe! Let’s GO!
– 100 gr. oats
– 35 gr. spelt flour
– 1 banana
– 1 tbspn vanilla extract
– 40 gr. cocos oil (melted)
– 1 tbspn cinnamon powder
– 1 pinch of salt
– 1 tspn baking soda
– 1 tbspn honey
– Raw chocolate (sugar-free)
- Energy: 99,9 kcal
- Protein: 1,8 g
- Carbs: 12,8 g
- Fat: 4,7 g
- Fiber: 1,9 g
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Grab a small bowl and flatten the banana first. Next add the oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla extract, melted cocos oil, salt, cinnamon powder and honey and stir with a spoon.
TIP: Add extra melted cocos oil when the mixture is too dry.
3. Now crumble the chocolate into pieces and add the chocolate chips to the dough. Mix until just combined.
4. Use a tablespoon to drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake the chocolate chip cookies for 20 min. until they’re golden around the edges. This way your cookies will still be soft in the center!
6. Ready! Let your cookies cool down for a second on the baking sheet and you’re ready to celebrate Valentine’s day!
This recipe for healthy chocolate chip cookies will have you covered when you want to show your love to your sweetheart, family and friends! Oh and btw! You can make your cookies extra special when you make them heart-shaped 😉
Please leave me a comment and tell me if you and your hubby loved these healthy chocolate chip cookies for V-day?! Happy Valentine’s Day girls!
Secret revealed: why NOT to diet during the holidays