We all know the big bag of Celebrations from when we’re young. What I would reach when it showed up? I don’t have to think about that for too long. My absolute favorite is the mars. That delicious creamy milk chocolate in combination with soft caramel and nougat: a unique flavor combination, if you ask me.
By now I know, and you probably do too, that these treats are not too healthy at all. So I think it’s time for a healthy mars recipe on the blog.
This delicious recipe is vegan, made from only natural ingredients and super super tasty. Wanna try it out?
- 200 g oat flour
- 100 g coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250 g medjouldates, pitted and soaked in 3 tbsp of soaking water
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
MACRONUTRIENTS PER PIECE
- Energy: 420 kcal
- Carbs: 45 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fat: 23 g
- Fiber: 7,5 g
- Grease a low baking pan or use baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the oat flour with the coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa and salt.
- Press the batter into the pan with a spoon and press down.
- Place the baking tin in the freezer and let the bottom set.
- Make the caramel layer. Pit the dates and let them soak in lukewarm water for about 25 minutes.
- Then mix it in a blender or mixer to a thick caramel.
- Remove the bottom from the freezer and spread the caramel layer over the bottom.
- Put the baking pan back in the freezer and let it set again.
- Finally, make the chocolate layer. Heat the chocolate in a bain-marie, add the coconut oil and stir well.
- Put the baking pan back in the freezer for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Healthy comfort food: a vegan Mexican burrito bowl