After reading this blog post you’ll control sweet cravings for good! For us foodies, it’s crucial to have some no-guilt sweet treat recipes ready for when sweet cravings hit. Cravings for sugar seem to be one of the most difficult things to deal with, so I’m happy to introduce to you the best choco snack solution: chocolate balls. This no-bake recipe is easy to make and these pretty little chocolate balls have addiction-potential! Oh ooh..
Luckily chocolate doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure, because me: I can’t get enough of it! Though my body is used to healthy and clean foods, my mind still keeps asking for something sweet. If you have the same food-girl-problem, I think this recipe for chocolate balls might be the next best thing for you too. Today’s chocolate balls are chewy inside and crispy outside. They come together easily, and I bet you probably already have most of the ingredients at home. These little cuties are packed full of goodies, which will give you a lot of energy throughout the day!
Busy? Make these chocolate balls in the weekend or in the evening so you can enjoy it during the week or bring them with you to school or work! Your friends and colleagues will be happy too :-p
-2 tbsp raw cacao powder
-30 gr. oats
-100 gr. dates
-2 tbsp honey
-1/2 tspn cinnamon
-2 tbsp coconut oil
-40 gr. crumbled walnuts
- Energy: 75 kcal
- Protein: 1,2 g
- Carbs: 10,4 g
- Fat: 4,1 g
- Fiber: 1,4 g
1. Soak the dates in 150 ml boiled water for 20 minutes.
2. While the dates are soaking, melt your coconut oil in a saucepan. Just melt it, it doesn’t have to be warmed up.
3. Add the dates, coconut oil, cacao powder, honey, oats and cinnamon to a blender and blend it on a high speed until everything is fully combined.
4. Take out the dough and add the crumbled walnuts with your hands to combine.
5. Use a tablespoon to scoop out balls of dough and make little balls with your hands.
6. Roll the chocolate balls in a topping of your taste and place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Don’t forget to make a picture of your @foodie_ness recipes and tag me on Instagram of Facebook, I love to see how your chocolate balls look and feature it in the next Foodie-ness letter. Don’t forget to subscribe and get extra information on weight-loss, health, fitfood and workouts 😉