The previous blondies on the blog were so much appreciated by you guys (I totally agree :-p) which inspired me to prepare another blondies recipe with more depth and a touch of coffee. And believe me: this delicious coffee blondie recipe is so yummy! I really like coffee and unfortunatley I don’t come across many baked goods in which coffee is used.
That’s why I thought: why not combine two of my favorites? Normally blondies are high in sugar and fats but for this recipe I managed to make it both low in carbs and nutritious. These chickpea blondies are a fun way to enjoy a healthier version of the classics. On top of that, the blondies rich in proteins and fibers. Perfect as a snack or after a good work-out.
You can find me on the couch with a delicious and healthy coffee blondie, what about you?
- 220 g chickpeas
- 50 g almond butter
- 100 g medjoul dates
- 1 shot of espresso (cooled)
- 50 g of hazelnuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
MACRONUTRIENTS PER BLONDIE
- Energy: 102,5 kcal
- Carbs: 9,4 g
- Protein: 3,2 g
- Fat: 5,2 g
- Fiber: 2,8 g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the dates (pitted) in a bowl and pour boiling water over it until the dates are submerged. Let soak for at least 10 minutes. Roast the hazelnuts in a dry pan until they are golden brown and they start to smell (so good J) Make sure they don’t burn and let them cool down.
- Place all ingredients, except the hazelnuts, in a food processor and blend until combined.
- Coarsely chop the hazelnuts and add half to the blondie batte rand stir with a spatula.
- Put the blondie batter in a baking tin and spread it. Sprinkle with the reamining nut crumbs.
- Leave the blondies in the oven fora bout 25 minutes.
- Remove the blondies from the oven, fill your kitchen with that wonderfulw scent and let it cool for a while. Enjoy!