If you think that soup isn’t a meal to have in September, I hope this recipe for healthy carrot soup will make you change your mind! I can really enjoy a warm bowl of good soup on a Sunday, even while it’s a sunny day, cause it helps you to stay hydrated. This easy peasy recipe for healthy soup is full of spices and made with one of my favorite veggies: carrots.
In the summer season a lot of people are cutting, which means they are handling a low calorie intake for a certain period of time to lower their body fat without losing too much muscles. Soup fits perfectly within this! This recipe for carrot soup contains almost no calories and provides you with lots of vitamins. Carrots are especially a great source of beta-carotene, which is a very effective antioxidant. This beta-carotene is partially converted in the body into vitamin A, which gives multiple benefits, not only for your eyes but also for your blood vessels and immune system.
This soup is made with only a few actions and doesn’t take much cooking time. Therefore I think it’s perfect for when you’re in instant need of some good homemade food! Served with a few whole wheat crackers you have got yourself a lovely light dinner.
– 200 g carrots
– 450 ml water
– 1 (finely chopped) onion
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 veggie bouillon cube
– 1 tsp curry powder
– 1 tsp cinnamon powder
– ½ tsp cumin powder
– ½ tsp turmeric powder
– cottage cheese
Optional: pepper to taste
- Energy: 159,6 kcal
- Protein: 5,4 g
- Carbs: 34,9 g
- Fat: 1,5 g
- Fiber: 9,9 g
- Cut the carrots into crescent shape and set aside.
- Grab a large soup pan, briefly bake the onion, add the garlic, and fry for a short moment.
- Now add the carrots and the water. Turn up the heat to make the water boil.
- While the water boils, add the remaining ingredients: the bouillon cube, and the curry, cinnamon, cumin and turmeric powder.
- Let the soup simmer for about 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally. You can also add some pepper to taste if you like it a bit more spicy.
- Done with the boiling? Then it’s blending time! Use a blender or kitchen machine to mash the carrots and get a nice thick soup. Take a nice looking bowl and fill it.
- For the finishing touch add some cottage cheese as topping and then your soup is ready to serve.
TIP: You can add some bean sprouts for an extra bite!
Healthy comfort food: a vegan Mexican burrito bowl