We’re one week before Christmas and I couldn’t wait any longer with baking healthy Christmas cookies for the holidays! Are you in love with holiday cookies too, but you’re afraid of the Christmas bulge? Try out this guilt-free recipe for sweet-smelling and sweet-tasting cookies! MUST-TRY!
I completely understand that Christmas is the time of the year to splurge and enjoy a holiday treat. Though I am planning to let loose a little and “go with the flow”, I only want to indulge in the most special holiday treats. As there’s no end of indulgences during the Christmas periode, I rather avoid indulging in everything. If you feel the same, you’re probably saved by the bell with this recipe! Why? Well, because you can still enjoy a delicious batch of homemade cookies, but it’s a much better option for your health and shape.
After baking these pretty Christmas cookies, I’m already totally warmed-up for the holiday season – YIPPEE! Baking in general is one of my favorite things to do, but it’s especially my favorite Christmas tradition! Oh how I love the smell of freshly baked cookies that emerges from my kitchen! Don’t you? :p Alrighty then, let’s get the baking started!
– 100 gr. spelt flour
– 50 gr. rice flour
– 50 gr. coconut oil (melted)
– 100 gr. dates
– 1 tbspn honey
– 1 tspn raw cacao powder
– 1 tbspn gingerbread powder
– 1 tspn vanilla extract
- Energy: 112,8 kcal
- Protein: 1,8 g
- Carbs: 16,9 g
- Fat: 4,5 g
- Fiber: 1,8 g
1. Preheat the oven on 180C.
2. Grab a bowl and add hot (cooked) water. Now put the dates in the water to let them soak for 5 minutes.
3. Grab another bowl and add the spelt flour, rice flour, (melted) coconut oil, honey, dates, cacao powder, gingerbread powder and vanilla extract. Mix everything with your hands or a spoon until it’s smooth and mixed well.
TIP: When it’s too dry or crumbling, add some more melted coconut oil.
4. Use a griddle with greaseproof paper to place your cookies on. You can use figurines for the form of you could use a knife to make a star for example. Or just make them round, whatever you like 🙂
TIP: The thickness of your cookies should be 1-2 cm.
5. If you like, you can now decorate your cookies with a topping: crumbled nuts, cacao nibs, etc.
6.Place your cookies on the greaseproof paper and put it in the oven when you’re ready. Now bake your cookies crispy in 16-18 minutes.
7. Ready? Cool down for 5 minutes to get your cookies crispy and you’re ready to go!
Now there’s one final thing for you to do: gather your beloved ones ’round to enjoy your homemade holiday cookies with a healthy twist! It’s almost Christmas time sweeties, yaaaayyyyy!
P.S. Who loves to bake Christmas cookies too? And which one are your favorite? Please tell me in the comment section below! 🙂
The importance of eating good fats for fitness fanatics