I don’t know why, but I just love food that comes from a bowl! It somehow looks more yummy than on a plate and I feel like there’s more when it’s in a bowl. That may be my mind tricking me, but I don’t mind as long as I can enjoy food even more 😉 Today’s recipe is a sweet potato Buddha bowl that I’m sure you will love too!
A Buddha bowl is filled with all kind of healthy ingredients. It is similar to a poke bowl, but has some slight differences. A poke bowl uses mostly raw ingredients and fish. Where in the Buddha bowl it’s a colorful mixture of all sorts of foods, which can be baked, cooked or raw. For this one I decided to go for a vegan bowl. Though if you like to add some extra protein with chicken for example, that can fit just as well!
But first, buddha bowl.
The Buddha bowl is always finished with a nice dressing to spice the whole thing up a bit more. You can make your own dressing, though for this one I decided to make it a little easier 🙂 If you’re interested in a homemade dressing, don’t hesitate to let me know and I can share this with you! But first try out this lovely vegan sweet potato Buddha bowl recipe with falafel and avocado nom, nom, nom…
– 1 sweet potato
– 1/2 avocado
– 100 g broccoli
– 50 g lettuce
– 100 g falafel
– 20 g almonds
– 2 tbsp. soy sauce
– 1 tsp. paprika powder
– 1 tbsp. sundried tomato hummus
– Pepper and salt
MACRONUTRIENTS PER BOWL
Energy: 375 kcal
Carbs: 38,1 g
Protein: 9,6 g
Fat: 22,3 g
Fiber: 9,9 g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cover a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Prepare the veggies: cut the broccoli into florets and the sweet potatoes into blocks.
- Cover the broccoli with the soy sauce, some pepper and salt. Next add the paprika powder, salt and pepper on the sweet potato.
- Add the veggies together with the falafel on the oven plate and put in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the lettuce and avocado, and chop the almonds small. Then add to a bowl.
- When the veggies and falafel are ready, add them to the bowl as well. Finish with a spoon of hummus and your Buddha bowl is all done!
Have a healthy pizza party with zucchini pizza bites