This baked sweet potato is perfect on the BBQ during the summer or as warm-hearted meal in the cold winter months. Sweet potatoes are rich in B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin D, calcium, Iron, Magnesium which are necessary in a balanced diet. In addition, these baked sweet potatoes contain lots of antioxidants,
which protect your body from free radical damage, prevent vision loss and improve eye health, and promote a healthy gut and brain.
Because of that, these baked sweet potatoes are perfect as a side dish or as a light meal. The yoghurt sauce breaks through the sweetness of the sweet potato and the freshness gives a delicious twist to the dish.
Delicious with a slide of lime and fresh herbs.
Enoy your meal!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 125 g quark
- ½ lime
- 4 tbsp fresh herbs (coriander, parsley and/or chives) finely chopped + extra as garnish
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- pinch of pepper and salt
MACRONUTRIENTS PER SWEET POTATO
- Energy: 191 kcal
- Carbs: 31,1 g
- Protein: 7,6 g
- Fat: 2,9 g
- Fiber: 3,6 g
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash the sweet potatoes thorougly and dry them well. Poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the baking tray and put in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes. Meanwhile, make the yogurt sauce. To do this, mix the quark with the fresh herbs. Put the container in the refrigerator. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven when you can put a fork through the sweet potatoes. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice the sweet potatoes open at the top (not all the way in half) and fill with the yoghurt suace.
Tip: I really like to add a little bit of chili flakes, lime juice and coriander for a kick as final touch!