I’m a real coconut lover and I really like Coconut Macaroons, but I also know that I should not eat it every day. That’s why a wanted to try a healthier version of the coconut macaroons. Traditional macaroons are made with sweetened coconut flakes, sweetened condensed milk and egg whites. This recipe is still super duper delicious, but a lot more healthier! It only takes a few minutes, using only a few ingredients.
All good things start with “C”; coffee, chocolate and coconuts
You have to try this recipe for low-calorie coconut macaroons! Oh and, you can always add some melted dark chocolate on top of the macaroon, super yummy!
– 2 eggs
– 85 g shredded coconut
– 2 el honey
– 1 el cocos oil
– 2 drops vanilla extract
MACRONUTRIENTS (per piece)
- Energy: 53 kcal
- Carbs: 3,5 g
- Protein: 3,3 g
- Fat: 5,6 g
- Fiber: 0,8 g
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Separate the egg white from the egg yolk
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff. In a seperate bowl mix together the honey, vanilla, shredded coconut and coconut oil.
- Carfully fold into the egg whites and let the mixture rest for 30 minutes so the coconut can soak up the mixture.
- Gently spoon in 1 tablespoon scoops onto a paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for +/- 10 minutes until it starting to brown.