Oh yes girls, I’ve got something amazing to fulfill your chocolate cravings with AND that’s healthy at the same time! Can it get any better? I don’t think so, so stop what you’re doing and treat yourself asap with some healthy chocolate truffles!
“These healthy chocolate truffles contain two of my most favorite foods: chocolate and avocado!”
Did you know that those two work really well together? Avocado has the best consistency to make truffles with and the taste is not too dominant. It’s the perfect healthy substitute for the normally used cream. And chocolate is always good, it doesn’t even need an explanation 😉
A good chocolate truffle has that rich and creamy taste and brings a smile to anyone’s face! This recipe for healthy chocolate truffles is also high in all the good nutrients. Though this is a healthy version and some may say that is nothing like a real truffle, I dare you to try it out first…
Making healthy chocolate truffles may sound difficult to do, but it’s not though! This recipe is really easy and you only have to do a limited amount of work. The only thing is that it needs a few hours before you can indulge the beauties, but it’s definitely worth the wait.
– 1 large avocado (or 2 small ones)
– 4 large Medjool dates
– 100 gram dark chocolate (80%)
– 3 tbsp. cacao powder
– pinch of salt
MACRONUTRIENTS PER SERVING
Protein: 1,6 g
Fat: 7,3 g
Fiber: 3 g
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Put this with the dates, dark chocolate and salt in a blender.
- Blend everything together until you have a smooth mass.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When time is up you can take make little balls of the mixture. Spread the cacao powder on a plate and roll the balls through it.
- Place the balls back in the fridge and let firm up for 3 hours (or 2 if you can’t wait that long 😉 )