I love anything that has to do with pie and cake, so a hearty one in the form of a quiche is definitely a winner too! This recipe for an easy creamy gluten-free quiche with spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese can get me just as excited as for when I’m about to put my teeth into some delicious sweet cake. Pinky-promise, both are just a feast to have 🙂 And it’s not even that much work to make yourself a healthy gluten-free quiche. Let me show you how it’s done…
Quiche is a savoury pie with a creamy mixture of eggs and dairy inside.
You can vary a lot in the filling, and I like mine to have lots of veggies in it. Though quiche is mostly made with a premade pastry crust, it’s so much tastier to make your own healthy pie crust. By using almond flour you’re making it gluten-free, low-carb and tasting de-li-cious!
It was a little challenge for me to create a recipe for a good crispy crust without getting too crumbly… But I managed to get it right. This quiche recipe is great for either lunch, brunch or dinner! If you’re having a dinner party, bake a quiche and I’m sure you will please your guests very much. You can do all the preparations in advance, so it saves you time to enjoy with the others rather than standing in the kitchen.
Actually no matter what time of day, you can always be satisfied with this healthy gluten-free quiche 😉
– 260 g almond flour
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 tsp. fresh (or dried) thyme
– 80 ml olive oil
– 20 ml water
– pepper and salt
– 450 g spinach
– 200 g mushrooms
– 6 large eggs
– 80 g low-fat quark
– 100 g goat cheese
– pepper and salt
– 1/4 tsp. chili flakes
- Energy: 350 kcal
- Protein: 15,8 g
- Carbs: 9 g
- Fat: 29,6 g
- Fiber: 5,8 g
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the garlic cloves and mix together with the almond flour, thyme, and some pepper and salt in a bowl. Add the olive oil and water and knead until you have a smooth ball of dough.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Take a round baking mould (covered with baking paper or greased in) and cover the bottom and sides with the dough.
- Bake the dough for about 15 to 20 minutes until the crust gets golden brown.
- Cut the mushrooms into pieces and put a frying pan on the stove. Heat up some olive oil and fry the mushrooms with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the spinach after a few minutes and bake for a moment until it’s shrunk. Take the pan from the stove, and put the spinach and mushrooms in a colander to drain and cool down.
- Mix the eggs with the quark, and bring to taste with pepper, salt and the chili flakes.
- Stir the spinach and mushrooms through the egg mixture and pour the mixture in the baking mould.
- Spread the goat cheese into pieces over the mixture and bake the quiche for 30 minutes.
- When your quiche is done let it cool down a few minutes before you can dig in!