Hot summer days are coming and you might wanna beat the summer heat with a healthy, refreshing and cool drink? That’s low-carb and sugar free? Help is here girlies! Iced tea has always been one of my favorite summer drinks, but the ones in store always contain a lot of sugar. Making it yourself is therefore a much better idea and super easy and FUN too!
Astronomically seen the summer has officially started this week, but here in Amsterdam, I don’t see anything close to summer haha! We already had some sunny days this season and I remain optimistic that the weather will get better soon and we can get our bikini’s and summer dresses out the closet again 🙂 But whatever the weathermen is bringing us, I’ve got a recipe for a refreshing summer drink that is suited for all kinds of weather.
Personally, I prefer to enjoy iced tea at home, at work, at the park or bring it with me in a bottle when I’m on the go. I think it’s a great alternative to plain water, because it’s as diet-friendly but much more tasty. Whenever I’m enjoying a glass of homemade iced tea, I like to take the time to relax and enjoy some me-time, which is a really important message to those girls whom are constantly busy and active! Here’s my recipe for an easy, healthy and little break full of flavor:
– 1 liter water
– 3 teabags: I prefer mint or green tea
– lemon (to taste)
– lime (to taste)
– 1 tbsp honey
– Optional: ice cubes
- Energy: 86 kcal
- Protein: 0,4 g
- Carbs: 24,5 g
- Fat: 0,1 g
- Fiber: 0,4 g
1. Bring the water to boiling point, add the tea bags and leave them in for a couple of minutes.
Note: the longer you’ll let them soak, the stronger the mint taste will be.
2. Remove the teabags and stir in the honey. When done, pour in a glass bottle or divide directly into glasses.
3. Cut the lemon and lime into slices and add as much to the tea as you like (I prefer 1 slice of lemon and lime per glass). Put the tea in the fridge and let it cool down for at least 20 minutes.
4. On hot summer days it can be nice to add some ice cubes as a finishing touch to help you cool down!
Hope this recipe for no-guilt homemade ice tea will give you the best summer feelings girls!
Have a healthy pizza party with zucchini pizza bites