Pancakes are probably my most favorite type of food ever, like I’m pancake obsessed! For as long as I can remember I love eating them in all kinds of way; there is just so much to vary with it. I know I’ve got a lot of fellow pancake lovers around, because my Insta-feed is full of delicious pancake pictures from all you foodies. Plus I’ve never met anyone who said they didn’t like pancakes haha #lol So I thought it would be nice to give you a new pancake recipe to try, get ready for the best healthy American blueberry pancakes recipe girls!
Happiness is.. a pancakes and pajamas!
Very often I make myself healthy pancakes (maybe even too often..? :-p ) and I like to experiment with all kinds of flavors. Whether sweet or savory, both work very well in my opinion. Traditional Dutch pancakes are ideally to make hearty, for example with cheese, grilled chicken and veggies like zucchini. Since I’ve had my first taste of thick fluffy pancakes in New York City several years ago, I was SOLD and really enjoyed this alternative to the thin Dutch ones. The texture is so fluffy and does very well combined with fresh fruit, like for example: beautiful blueberries! Have you always wanted to treat yourself with some blueberry pancake party? Here is how you can make the original American blueberry pancakes – healthy style!
These healthy American blueberry pancakes will surely be a great addition to your day, because having pancakes always give happy food feelings 😉 So go enjoy this pancake party dish ASAP and feel free to share them with me on social media with @foodie_ness or #foodie_ness! I like that!
– 125 g oat flour
– 2 eggs
– 2 large dashes of milk (I used almond milk)
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– blueberries to taste
– 1,5 tbsp. water
– big hand of blueberries
– maple syrup
- Energy: 772,3 kcal
- Protein: 30,4 g
- Carbs: 121,3 g
- Fat: 19,8 g
- Fiber: 16,2 g
- Grab a bowl and add the oat flour, eggs, milk, salt and baking powder (I use the baking powder to make the pancakes extra light and fluffy – like the real American pancakes!).
- Use a food processor to mix the ingredients into one smooth mixture.
- Now add a big hand of blueberries to it and blend trough with a spoon. Note: don’t use the mixer for this! I like to use a good amount of blueberries, because we want more than just 1 or 2 berries per pancake. The mixture is slightly thicker than normal, which means it works well with some extra berries.
- Set a frying pan on the stove and use some coconut oil to bake the pancakes. I prefer to use a large tablespoon to pour the pancake batter in the pan to easily make small thick pancakes. Use 2 spoons of batter for 1 pancake.
- Bake all pancakes until golden brown on both sides.
- Do you like it as much as me to put some extra blueberry goodness on the pancakes for topping? Then put a pan on the stove on low fire, add 1,5 tablespoon water, a large hand of berries and some maple syrup to taste. Keep stirring until it becomes a nice blueberry sauce and pour it on your pancake stack while it’s still warm.
TIP: Save some of the pancakes in the fridge for tomorrow morning’s breakfast. They work just as well served cold, and with some low fat quark added you’re ready to go!
Secret revealed: why NOT to diet during the holidays