Are you as excited as me that it’s almost Christmas?! I can’t really believe that it’s the time of year already and I feel there’s almost no time to actually prepare well for it.. You probably should be making up festive dinner plans by now for your friends and family and because it always takes some time to think everything through.. help is here 😉 This fulfills everyone’s love for pie and fits the Christmas dinner just right: a picture perfect mushroom galette!
A mushroom what..? I haven’t actually heard of this word before, but it’s like a hearty pie. Galette comes from the French kitchen and is a round folded up cake with a savory (or sweet) filling. You won’t need a pie form and I decided to make it easy for us by using ready-made pie crust. Of course it’s nicer to make your own dough, but does anybody have time for that at Christmas? I know I don’t haha, so for this lovely mushroom galette it’s allowed to do it the easy way 😉
“Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.”
When cooking for a group, I always make sure to try out my new recipes some time before. New recipes need some trial and error and I wouldn’t want to have a failed dish at the dinner party! So now I’ve made sure that this one works out just right at Christmas dinner. I love the moments before Christmas where we are all busy with making plans and preparations.
When hosting a dinner party I always make waaaaay too much of all different kind of dishes, because I don’t want anyone to come short of anything! And when attending one I never go empty handed 🙂 This mushroom galette works great for when you want to bring some food to the table as well! It is a lovely side dish that is easy and fast to make. That gives enough time left to prepare other dishes or to spend the time with your loved ones. Merry Christmas darlings!
– 1 roll savory pie crust
– 250 grams mixed mushrooms
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 egg
– Fresh parsley
– Pinch of sea salt
– Black pepper
– Optional: Parmesan or feta cheese
MACRONUTRIENTS PER BITE
Energy: 185,5 kcal
Carbs: 21 g
Protein: 4,3 g
Fat: 10,6 g
Fiber: 0,5 g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the dough as indicated on the package.
- Brush off the mushrooms and cut into small pieces/slices.
- Heat up a little olive oil in a frying pan and bake the mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Let them drain on a paper towel to make sure they aren’t too moist..
- Now cut the garlic into tiny pieces. Roll out the pastry and lay on a sheet of baking paper.
- Lay the mushrooms, garlic, fresh parsley and some salt and pepper on the dough. Also add the Parmesan or feta if you like. Leave some room on the outer side and fold the sides slightly over the filling.
- Split the egg and whisk the egg yolk. Brush this on the pie crust for a nice brown color.
- Place the galette in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy this dish at your Christmas dinner!
Secret revealed: why NOT to diet during the holidays