I used to eat tosti’s a lot when I was a child. Especially when I lived in France, we used to make the croque monsieur or madame all the time. But there are a lot of other lunch options to vary with, think of a Greek salad, a hummus sandwich or some grilled vegetables. And what happens when we combine these three lunch ideas into one Mediterranean tosti? That sounds delicious right, and well.. it is 😉
Life is like a tosti, you’ve to fill it with the best ingredients!
“Is an un-grilled cheese sandwich healthier than a grilled cheese sandwich?” It’s not the first time that I hear this question. On the other side, an un-grilled cheese sandwich is the same as a tosti. You’re using the same products and if you grill the sandwich, nothing is going to happen with the macronutrients. So the conclusion is; we can no-guilt enjoy a delicious tosti 😉
This tosti’s recipe makes me immediately think of sunny Mediterranean places. The feta, olives and grilled vegetables is the best combination for a summer tosti lunch. Ready to try this Mediterranean tosti? Let me know what you’re thinking girlies!
– 2 slices whole wheat bread
– grilled vegetables ( I used zucchini, paprika and onion)
– 1 handful black olives
– 30 g feta
– 1 tbsp hummus
- Energy: 299 kcal
- Protein: 13 g
- Carbs: 33 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Preheat a pan at midium heat. Cut the vegetables into slices and grill them in a pan for a few minutes.
- Spread the bread slices with hummus. Devide the grilled vegetables over the hummus and finish with the feta and olives.
- Grill the sandwich for 10 minutes in the contact grill, eventually between baking paper.
Tip: If you don’t have a contact grill, use a pan!