For my new book Lekker Gelukkig we made a donut recipe. When the donuts were in the oven, I suddenly realize that we don’t have a donut recipe on the blog at all…
I would therefore like to present: Carries healthy vegan vanilla donuts.
Easy to make, sweetened with applesauce and coconut blossom sugar and with a vanilla flavour.
When I think of donuts, I immediately think of my high school days. Do you recognize that too? During the break, I ran to the supermarket to walk straight to the bakery and take 4 delicious donuts in 1 package. Those days are (unfortunately, I don’t know) over, but that doesn’t mean donuts should never be eaten anymore.
Besides the fact that these are homemade, healthier and much tastier than the original donuts, plus (!) they’re also vegan. This means that they aren’t only more digestible, but also better for the environment. A little bit for you, and for our planet. That’s what I love.
- 260 g spelt flour
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 180 ml almond milk
- 80 ml coconut oil (melted)
- 100 g coconut blossom sugar
- 2 tbs apple sauce
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 tsp appelcider vinegar
MACRONUTRIENTS PER DONUT
- Energy: 163 kcal
- Carbs: 21 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Fat: 7,3 g
- Fiber: 0,5 g
- Preheat the oven to 190 C and grease the donut pan.
- Mix the spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a separate bowl until well combined.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the almond milk, the melted coconut oil, coconut blossom sugar, apple sauce, vanilla extract and the appelcider vinegar and mix with a handmixer to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix with the handmixer until a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter evenly in the donut pan. Don’t overfill! Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and leave to cool for 2 minutes.
- Take the donuts out of the pan sprinkle with a dusting of coconut blossom sugar and cinnamon in you like. Enjoy!