Summer is flying by faster than I wish for, but I guess that only means I’m having the most fun! I’m enjoying the amazing weather, the relaxed vacay vibes, and great times with my loved ones. Today I’ve got a recipe fitting those feelings just right with a green Summer veggie pie! If you feel like having avegetarian dish without any effort, then you won’t need to look any further.
This vegetarian veggie pie is based on puff pastry which may not be the most Foodie-ness proof. But don’t we just need to make it a little easier for ourselves every once in a while? And on the contrary it does have lots of veggies on it, so I guess it’s balanced 😉 It definitely saves a lot of time, so it’s great for quick baking. Let’s enjoy all the good things summer has to offer while it lasts, including the yummy summer veggies!
It’s a hearty pie which does great as a starter or side dish. Or why don’t bring this vegetarian veggie pie to a picnic with your girls?! Grab a large picnic blanket and a basket, and fill that with other yummy snacks. And don’t forget the drinks either (wine anyone?) 🙂 Enjoy your summer girlies!
– 1 package (fresh) puff pastry
– 1/2 zucchini
– 100 gram asparagus
– 1 leek
– 50 gram peas
– 50 gram feta
– Olive oil
– Garlic powder
– Pepper and salt
– Optional: fresh parsley and mint
MACRONUTRIENTS PER PORTION
Energy: 234 kcal
Carbs: 27,6 g
Protein: 8,2 g
Fat: 11,6 g
Fiber: 6,1 g
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grab an oven plate, cover with baking paper and roll out the puff pastry on top of it.
- Slice the zucchini and cut the asparagus and leek into small pieces.
- Cover the puff pastry with the cut veggies and add the peas.
- Drizzle some olive oil, garlic powder, pepper and salt on top of the veggies.
- Also add some finely chopped fresh parsley and mint for the finishing touch.
- Put the summer pie plate in the oven and after 20-30 minutes this beauty is ready to eat!
Healthy comfort food: a vegan Mexican burrito bowl