Do you feel like your lunch isn’t getting you to dinner? Almost falling asleep behind your desk? Hungry after 1 hour you eat? Me = guilty! In order to prevent this from happening I like to add some nutritious snacks to my diet. Today I want to do a bikini-proof suggestion considering a tasty, filling and energizing snack moment. Getting curious?
Oh myyyyy girls, I’m over the moon for this recipe for peanut butter energy balls! And it was actually pretty accidentally that I found this recipe. I got inspired by my previous recipe for chocolate balls and just dove into the kitchen to experiment a little. Peanuts and other nuts provide a long-lasting form of energy, thanks to their mix of good fat and protein. Combined with the carbs from oats, this fuel will definitely get you through your day and make it easy for you to control sweet cravings. Now! Let me tell you how to make this perfect crunchy compliment to your afternoon :p
- 40 gr. oats
- 2 tbspn honey
- 2,5 tbspn peanut butter
- 3 tbspn melted coconut oil
- crumbled walnuts
- 1 tbspn shredded coconut
- 1 scoop (vanilla) whey
- Energy: 127,6 kcal
- Protein: 4,2 g
- Carbs: 7,5 g
- Fat: 9,5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan.
Note: the oil should not be hot, just melted.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork until a firm and smooth mixture.
Note: crumble the walnuts with your hands.
- Shovel with a tablespoon a portion of the mixture and use your hands to turn this portion into a little ball.
- Repeat until you’ve created a plate full of little balls and put it in the fridge.
- After 45 minutes you’re PB feast is ready!
P.S. My hubby got to try these peanut butter energy balls first and guess what he said: they reminded him of the Ferrero Rocher balls! WOW!! You don’t wanna miss this girls ha ha
My daily routines to enlarge my health and happiness