This easy and healthy vegan and gluten-free snicker bars are so tasty that you will no longer be tempted to grab some ‘not so healthy ones’ at the supermarket. One of my favorite snacks from the past, but now guilt-free. These snicker bars are made with pure and healthy products, without refined sugars.
These vegan and gluten-free snicker bars are made with only 5 ingredients and vegan + gluten-free. Do I need to say more?
P.S. Also these vegan and gluten-free snicker bars are ideal for pampering your children and easy to store in the freezer. Or not, because with me they ran out quickly :-).
- 50 g (medjoul) dates
- 2 bananas (not too ripe)
- 25 g peanuts
- pinch of salt
- 50 g dark chocolate (minimum 80%)
- Energy: 144 kcal
- Carbs: 20,7 g
- Protein: 2,4 g
- Fat: 5,2 g
- Fiber: 2,5 g
- Deseed the dates and soak them in boiling water for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the peeled bananas into 4 equal pieces. Then cut each piece in half lengthwise to form small “strips” and peel off the skin. Line a freezer safe plate with parchment paper and place the bananas on it. Place the plate in the freezer for at least half an hour. Roast the peanuts in a dry pan until golden brown and you can smell them. Let it cool down and chop roughly.
- Drain the dates and blend the dates with a pinch of salt and 3 tbsp warm water in the kitchen mixter to a smooth paste. Remove the bananas from the freezer and spoon the date caramel over the banana bars and sprinkle the peanut crumbs on top. Return to the freezer for at least half an hour.
- Melt the chocolate a bain marie. Remove the bananas from the freezer and drizzle with chocolate. The chocolate hardens quickly because the banana bars are frozen. Eat immediately or store in the freezer (if you can ;-)).