It’s time to celebrate breakfast with a sweet treat: healthy muffins! In today’s recipe we combine the delicious taste of cinnamon and apple in a muffin. Are you thinking “yummy”? Read now how you can make these perfect babies yourself, because a real healthy-baking-freak don’t want to miss this!
I guess we all would love to start breakfast with a little muffin, however on weekdays when time is short, we want something easy to make that won’t take much time of cooking. Today’s apple cinnamon egg muffins are the best solution for you to start healthy and energized into a busy day. Muffins are a tasty winter treat, great for a breakfast on-the-go or served with your morning tea. I prefer to make a batch of muffins on Sunday (because Sunday is baking day!) and have them waiting for me in the fridge..
In the morning I simple eat them drizzled with some honey, but you can be creative here! Put some nuts on top, or super foods, pieces of apple and yogurt.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 25-30 minutes
Recipe makes: 12 muffins
Extra: You’re house will probably smell delicious too..yum yum!
– 9 eggs
– 4 tspn cinnamon
– 3 tbspn honey
– 3 tspn coconut milk
– 3 tspn coconot flour
– 3 tspn baking soda
– 2 tspn melted coconut oil
– 1 tspn salt
– 3 tspn shredded almonds
- Energy: 112,8 kcal
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbs: 12,2 g
- Fat: 5,2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Place the apples (cut in pieces), coconut oil and 2 tspn’s cinnamon in a medium frying pan and heat until the apples are the consistency of apple pie filling. Then allow the mixture to cool down.
3. Place the eggs, honey, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut flour, remaining cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and mix till smooth well.
4. Slowly incorporate the cooled apples into the mixture and beat them until smooth. Now add the shredded almonds as well.
5. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line up with paper cups. Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each 2/3 of the way full.
6. Place the muffins in the oven on the center rack and bake for 25-30 minutes.