Are you ready for a new recipe to make your weekend even better? Then look no further, because this combo of tasty, easy and healthy is your way to GO!
I think we can all agree that pizza = life! Who doesn’t like a good slice of greasy cheesy pizza every now and then, right? Whether it is ordered in, straight from the freezer into the oven, or homemade with love; it’s all just delicious. We love to have us some pizza, but our jeans may disagree when we have to much of it… So how can we have more pizza parties without having to give our bodies a hard time? With a bunch of healthy low kcal zucchini pizza bites of course!
“You had me at pizza!”
These zucchini pizza bites are super easy to make with only a few ingredients. Anyone can take their own pizza party to a next level with this. No long waits for dough to rise or struggles with a rolling pin, because veggies will be your base. And YES – they do come very close to that real pizza taste 🙂 This is a recipe that you can give your own twist to, just how you like your pizza to be. I always love mine to be covered with lots of veggies, so these bites will add up to my daily veggie intake real easy.
No more words needed now, you just need to start that party ASAP!
– 1 whole zucchini
– 100 ml tomato sauce
– 2 tbsp. pesto
– Topping by choice: tomato, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, olives, cheese, etc.
MACRONUTRIENTS PER BITE
Energy: 37 kcal
Carbs: 3 g
Protein: 2,2 g
Fat: 2,3 g
Fiber: 1 g
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the zucchini into slices.
- Cover the zucchini slices with tomato sauce and a bit of pesto.
- Next add your favorite pizza topping! Mine was red bell pepper, tomato, more zucchini, black olives and cheese. Top it off with a bit of rocket salad for a finishing touch.
- Place in the middle of the oven and take the pizza bites out after 10 minutes.
- Time to enjoy your pizza party!
My daily routines to enlarge my health and happiness