What’s Easter without loads of good food to enjoy with family and friends? Even though we ate a lot this year, I made sure to also have a bit healthier alternatives on the table. And the winner had to be shared on the blog: sweet potato toast with avocado and egg!
Besides having croissants, scones and all those Easter eggs (yep, guilty of that too!), I like to balance it out with a few more healthy foods as well. One of the things I brought to the brunch was sweet potato toast. Wait, what? I know that may sound a bit strange, but I promise it’s sooo good! Toasted bread isn’t that bad to have every once in a while, but with sweet potato toast your blood sugar won’t peek as much. Sweet potato also contains lots of fiber, plus several vitamins and minerals which your body will be very happy with! It was a nice addition to the festive table.
I topped the sweet potato toast with avocado and egg for good fats and protein. It’s actually a really fast and easy recipe to make, so just give it a try at your next lunch time! I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do 🙂 Did you make something special for Easter? If you have some yummy tips as well then please share!
– 1 sweet potato
– ½ avocado
– 1 egg
– ½ tsp. chili flakes
– Pepper and salt to taste
MACRONUTRIENTS (PER TOAST)
- Energy: 146,9 kcal
- Carbs: 15 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Fiber: 4,2 g
- Fill a small pan with some water and boil the egg.
- Wash the sweet potato and use a sharp knife to cut into slices of 1,5 cm thick.
- Grill the potato slices for about 4 minutes in a grill or sandwich toaster.
- Meanwhile cut the avocado in slices.
- Take your egg from the pan when time is up (depending on how hard or soft you like your egg to be).
- When the sweet potato toast is done, lay on a plate and cover with the avocado and egg slices.
- Finish with some chili flakes, salt and pepper.
How to create a healthy mind for a happier life
Some healthy banana cake goodness
Skinny Sweet Strawberry Milkshake