Who says pizza can’t be part of a fit girl’s lifestyle? Wrong! If you’re already having dinner plans tonight, you should probably change the plans and make it a pizza night, because this is absolutely fi-fa-fabulous girls. This recipe makes it possible to have a healthy pizza (64 kcal!) with only 4 ingredients and 20 minutes of your time. Now let’s get the cooking started!
If you didn’t know it already, I’m such a B-I-G fan of pizzaaaa! You can literally wake me up for pizza, lol. I normally prefer to use my cheat meal to eat pizza, but then I asked myself: wouldn’t it be great to enjoy a slice of pizza without feeling guilty? That’s what activated my brain to think creative and come up with a healthy pizza recipe. My previous recipe for low-carb pizza was a top scorer and I’m sure this rice cake pizza recipe will make you as happy again!
I used rice cakes as a healthy substitute for the base (read here why) and low-fat mozzarella as a substitute for regular cheese to lower saturated fat and cholesterol. This rice cake pizza recipe allows you to easily pile-on the veggies for extra fiber and nutrients, so that’s a win-win as well 🙂
– 6 rice cakes
– pizza sauce (2tbspn per rice cake)
– low-fat mozzarella (25 gr. per rice cake)
– garlic powder
– Optional: veggies (add to taste!)
– Optional: olive oil
- Energy: 64 kcal
- Protein: 5,3 g
- Carbs: 9,7 g
- Fat: 0,5 g
- Fiber: 5,7 g
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 C.
2. Grab an oven plate, covered with tin foil, and place 6 (or more) rice cakes on it.
3. Use a tablespoon to grease the rice cakes with pizza sauce.
4. Now cut the low-fat mozzarella in slices and place it on the rice cakes.
5. Decorate the rice cakes with veggies you like and finish with some garlic powder and olive oil for a perfect taste.
6. Bake the rice cakes in the oven until the cheese looks melted. Don’t over-bake, because you’ll risk fluffy rice cakes.
7. Let the rice cakes cool down a bit in order for the base to become crispy.
Please let me know in the comment section below if you like these type of recipes? 🙂
Oh and! Don’t forget to make a picture of your @foodie_ness recipes and tag me on Instagram of Facebook with #foodie_ness, I love to be part of your pizza party and feature it in the next Foodie-ness letter. Don’t forget to subscribe and get extra information on weight-loss, health, fitfood and workouts!