Let’s make our own healthy homemade granola, girls! Making your own bowl of granola is super easy and fun, but moreover allows you to control the amount of sugar, fat and quality. I made a delicious big batch of healthy granola with coconut and almonds, and today I’m sharing the recipe!
Most of the granola stuff in stores is high in sugar and contains unhealthy oils, fats and unnecessary ingredients. Today’s granola recipe is clean, “diet-proof” and full of all the vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein and (good) fat that your body needs. I think it’s a big PLUS that you can add in the flavors that you love the most, so you can really make this the best treat. I prefer to add granola to my breakfast, however you can also eat it on the go or just as a snack between meals.
My last advice is to be creative sweeties, and try out new healthy (raw & organic) ingredients every time you make yourself some yummy healthy homemade granola. Perhaps with chocolate? Nom, nom, nom..
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15-20 min
– 1 cup raw almonds (unsalted)
– 1 cup walnuts
– 1 cup raw cashews (unsalted)
– 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
– 2 tspn sea salt
– 3/4 cup melted honey
– 2 tspn vanilla extract
– 1 tbspn cinnamon
– 2 tbspn coconot oil
– 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
– 1/2 cup gojiberries
- Energy: 230 kcal
- Protein: 7,3 g
- Carbs: 18,9 g
- Fat: 13,2 g
- Fiber: 7,1
1. Preheat the oven to 135C (keep it at low temperature!).
2. Put all the nuts and seeds in a blender and mix until the nuts are the size of oats.
3. Add the honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon and the salt to the mixture in the blender and pulse until combined.
4. Spread the granola mixture from the blender onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and cook for 15-20 minutes. TIP: flip the granola once or twice while it’s in the oven.
5. When ready stir the cranberries and shredded coconut with the granola mixture. The granola may be a little sticky and wet when it’s still warm, so let it cool down completely to get it crispy.
5 times how to shape your body with a barre workout
Carolina’s Classic healthy Caesar salad chicken wrap