Pancakes in general are definitely one of my favs! I’m such a pancake addict that I eat pancakes weekly, but unfortunately there was a big fuss about the Dutch eggs last week (due to harmful pesticides), causing them to might not be good for your health. But I still wanted my pancakes, so I decided to go safe and make them egg-free. And this recipe for healthy vegan chocolate chip pancakes turned out to be such a big winner!
No eggs doesn’t make them any less tasty. To make it even more special than normal I made a chocolate chip version out of these yummy ones. Chocolate always gives happy feelings, so why not double the love combined with pancakes? They tasted great and by using no other animal products, it’s also a recipe my vegan Foodie-ness girls can try 🙂
Don’t wait any longer and go create a nice stack of healthy vegan chocolate chip pancakes to enjoy!
– 100 g oat flour
– 225 ml soy milk
– ½ banana
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– cacao nibs or (raw) dark chocolate
– optional: cacao powder
- Grab a bowl and add the oat flour, milk, banana and baking powder. The baking powder is to get those really fluffy American pancakes – YUM!
Note: If you like extra double-trouble chocolate pancakes, then add some cacao powder in this step as well.
- Use a blender or food processor to mix the ingredients into one smooth mixture.
- Take the cacao nibs or chop the chocolate into tiny little pieces, add to the mixture and stir in with a spoon (don’t use the mixer for this!). The mixture is a little thicker than normal which makes it perfect for some extra chocolate chips – and that’s how I like it best!
- Set a frying pan on the stove and use some coconut oil to bake the pancakes. I prefer to use a large tablespoon to pour the pancake batter in the pan to easily make small thick pancakes. Use 2 spoons of batter for 1 pancake.
- Bake all pancakes until golden brown on both sides.
- If you’re a number one chocolate lover like me, then make it even better with some warm chocolate sauce as topping! Take 1 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon honey and a few pieces of chocolate, and melt it au bain-marie. Keep stirring until you create a lovely (and still healthy!) sauce to pour it directly on top of your pancake stack.
TIP: These pancakes are still delicious the next day, served cold with low fat quark and some extra cacao powder. It makes a great snack!
Don’t forget to capture and share your creation of vegan chocolate chip pancakes; they are very photogenic haha!