O-M-G! I never met a pizza like this before! Is it too good to be true?! No! Girls, this recipe for a whole weat pizza crust will cut down the calories as it’s low in carbs, low in fat and high in protein. I created a superfood pizza and fell in love at the first bite. Are you having pizza cravings from time to time? Then you should read more!
So yes, you can definitely call me a die hard pizza lover! I’ve always been and so I find it hard to stay away from eating pizza during my healthy journey to get fit. Although I normally prefer to choose pizza for a cheat meal, today I took the challenge to create a recipe for a whole weat pizza crust that won’t get in the way of our diet. Well girls, I have great news for you: mission complete!
This recipe will cut down the calories with a healthy and low carb pizza crust. To make it a complete non-guilt pizza, I decided to go for a superfood topping. It’s fresh, easy, healthy and very tasty! You can be creative and pimp your pizza to taste, here’s how I did it:
-Pizza crust flour
-30 ml. olive oil
-Pepper to taste
- Energy: 873,7 kcal
- Protein: 75,3 g
- Carbs: 49 g
- Fat: 41,5 g
- Fiber: 10 g
1. Add 2 scoops of the pizza crust flour to a blender with 2 scoops of water and 30 ml olive oil. Mix until a smooth dough.
2. Place the ball of dough on a plate and let it rise for 10 min (this will improve the flavor of the pizza crust).
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
4. Make 3 small balls of dough of 150-180 gr. each and let it rise again for 10 minutes.
5. Now flatten one ball of dough at the time and use your fingertips to press the dough to 2-3 mm thick. Turn and strecht until it won’t stretch any further.
TIP: I used my hand palms to flatten the dough where it’s thicker.
6. To prevent bubbling you should use a fork to press down the surface of the dough.
7. Place the pizza crusts in the preheated oven and bake for 16-20 min.
Almost ready! Let the pizza crusts cool down a bit and finish with the topping. I chose cottage cheese as a healthy substitute for cheese. Next added some spinach, avocado, crumbled walnuts and hemp seeds for that epic veggie/superfood taste. You can add pepper to taste!
You’re ready for your own pizza party! You can keep the left over pizza crust in the fridge and enjoy it another time or bring it easily with you to work!