Work, exercising, social activities, household chores, etc. etc. – we’re keeping ourselves so busy nowadays, that some moments it all just gets the best of you. Everyone can experience those days in which you don’t feel as super as usual and you’re having a low mood. And yes, it can even happen to the most energetic and positive people 😉
When I’m overwhelmed with work and other responsibilities, I look for the little things in life that can turn around my feelings and make everything seem better in no time. Whatever the reason may be, it doesn’t have to be something big to get back in a good mood and feel super all day. And did you know happiness feelings can provide many health benefits? It is! So, if you are in the need of some help to feel great again? Here are my 5 easy ways to feel super all day – instantly:
- Go outside: Fresh air and being out in the nature is my number one favorite for an instant recharge! Nature doesn’t cost you anything and gives back so much in return. Get out the house, look for a quiet and peaceful place, like the beach or a park, and enjoy what you see around you. Remember to leave your phone at home, so you won’t be disturbed.
- Dance, dance, dance: Music and dancing are a great way for letting go, but you don’t have to go to a club for this. Just put on your favorite upbeat playlist at home and let the music lead your moves – go with the flow and don’t give a damn about how it looks! Me, I always listen to music when I’m riding my bike through the city of Amsterdam.
- Mindfulness: Practicing mindfulness helps to get in a calm state of mind and experience a peaceful moment. Get comfy in a chair or on the couch and close your eyes. Take deep breaths and focus on the moment right then and there. Try to not let your mind wander off and start worrying again. You’ll see it gets easier each time. I like to use apps for extra help with this!
- Food for thought: Yep, chocolate and ice cream do great things when you’re upset with whatever 🙂 But besides those we also want to nourish our bodies with healthy foods that support our immune system and contributes to a strong base. Make yourself a colourful fresh salad or enjoy a tasty and powerful super smoothie, offering not only fruit & veg, but also seeds, vitamins and minerals. Because a healthy body = a healthy mind! I got inspired by last week’s innocent smoothie party event that promotes feeling super can be achieved easily. With the simple things in life – like a smoothie bomb!
- Laugh it off: #lol has a positive effect on your mood. Even when you don’t really feel like it, once you start it will definitely lighten up your thoughts. Check out a good comedy movie on Netflix by yourself or call your bestie to enjoy the fun with. Get that smile on your face and laugh away your worries.
These tips can really bring you positivity without it having to be a large investment. Easy does it when it comes to feeling SUPER! So next time you feel a bit down and want to feel super all day instead, remember that good vibes don’t have to come from big things. It can be easier than you might think to turn that frown upside down!