Today I present you my all-time favourite banana zucchini bread recipe. If you are looking for a healthy and tasty bread that doesn’t contain any nasties, you found the perfect choice right here! Pinky promise you’re going to love this one, girls;-)
I’m not the biggest fan of bread, because the bad carbohydrates may be sneaking into your diet. However (!) when I make a banana zucchini bread myself, I’m responsible for the included ingredients. I always make sure it’s healthy, delicious, diet-proof and a possible pre-workout meal. This lovely banana zucchini bread recipe contains no grains, no gluten, no dairy produce, no refined sugar and is very low in fat.
The banana zucchini bread tasted some how more like banana bread than zucchini bread (due to the predominant taste of banana’s) but it has the added nutritional benefits of veggies. Remark: baking is fun, but takes time too. So in case you are short in time: choose prepping! Make the banana zucchini bread on Sunday or a free evening during the week and keep it in the fridge. This way you can treat yourself with a banana zucchini bread every day!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
– 2 ripe bananas
– 3 eggs
– 3 small zucchinis (shredded)
– 1 ½ cup almond flour
– 1 cup coconut flour
– 2 tspn cinnamon
– 1 tspn baking soda
– 3 tspn honey
– Coconut oil for greasing the pan
– Optional: flex seed & vanilla extract
- Energy: 141,2 kcal
- Protein: 5,1 g
- Carbs: 11,6 g
- Fat: 8,9 g
- Fiber: 4,8 g
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Lightly grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
2. Press the zucchini between two paper towels and squeeze to release the moisture, now shred it.
3. Place bananas, honey and eggs in a blender and mix until fully combined. Now take a bowl and put the banana batter in it. Add the zucchini to the batter and mix again. Finally add slowly the dry ingredients and beat again slowly to incorporate.
4. Optional: I prefer to add some flex seeds and vanilla extract on top!
5. Put the batter into the pan and bake the loaf in the oven for approx. 50 minutes.
Enjoy a loaf of bread with cottage cheese or honey!
Goodbye #fitgirl, hello my realistic beauty ideals!