Are you as crazy about PB and do you love the Starbuck cinnamon rolls just as much as I do? Then this recipe for healthy peanut butter cinnamon rolls is your way to GO! Inspired by all the Starbucks cinnamon rolls I have been eating during our last road trip vacation, I wanted to create a Foodie-ness cinnamon roll. With PB! Peanut butter is one of my favorite things to add to my breakfast or snacks and due to its good fats it’s healthy and filling too 😉
Indulging on some unhealthy treats every once in a while is part of life. You don’t have to be 100% strict with your food all the time. Though of course overall it’s best to maintain a wholesome diet and look for alternatives that are just as yummy but more contributing to a healthy body. And it’s funny how I started to believe you can make almost all guilty pleasures into a healthier version! Cinnamon rolls for example, but I decided to combine it with my love for peanut butter.
These healthy peanut butter cinnamon rolls are great to make in the weekend to enjoy on a lazy morning in your PJ’s 🙂
Warm rolls, PB and PJ’s for a sweet and lazy mornings..
– 300 g almond flour (or use oat flour)
– 150 ml unsweetened milk by choice
– 4 tbsp. melted coconut oil
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– vanilla extract (or maple syrup)
– pinch of salt
– 3 tsp. cinnamon
– 1 tsp. peanut butter
(I make sure to choose peanut butter without any additives, just pure peanuts is the best!)
– 3 tsp. maple syrup
– 3 tsp. melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Grab a bowl and start by adding the almond flour, baking powder and salt. Use a spoon to blend the ingredients together.
- Now start melting the 4 tablespoons coconut oil in a pan on low fire and also add to the bowl. Next you add the milk and vanilla extract or maple syrup to taste (whatever you got at home).
- Stir everything together with a spoon to create a dough. Lastly use your hands to firmly knead it into a ball. Place the bowl in the fridge for a moment.
- Time to make the cinnamon filling! Melt some coconut oil again and add to a small bowl. Also add your maple syrup, cinnamon and peanut butter to it. Because the coconut oil is warmed up you can easily mix it all together with a fork.
- Take the dough for the rolls from the fridge again. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and roll out the dough to about 1 centimeter thick.
- Spread three quarter part of the PB cinnamon blend onto the dough and make sure to cover it all, including the sides and corners.
- Roll up the dough and cut it into rolls from 2,5 cm thick.
- Divide all the cinnamon rolls over the baking plate and use the leftover PB cinnamon mixture to spread on top and on the side of the rolls. They may become shiny!
- Place your beauties in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Ready? Let them cool down just a bit for 5 minutes and then serve while they are still nicely warm!
TIP: This recipe makes 6 rolls. I put my leftover healthy peanut butter cinnamon rolls per piece in a freezer bag and freeze them to enjoy later that week 😀
Healthy Christmas cookies for no-guilt festive fun